Word of Life Pentecostal Holiness Church
1. We believe in one, living, true and everlasting God. His power, wisdom and goodness are infinite. He is the Maker of all
things, whether they are visible or invisible. God is one, and subsists in three Persons - the Father, the Son and the Holy
Spirit. These three Persons are one in nature, are co-eternal, and are equal in holiness, justice, wisdom, power, and
2. We believe that God the Son became a human being and was born of the Virgin Mary. The Lord Jesus Christ is one
Person with two natures, the divine nature and the human nature, true God and perfect Man. He suffered and was
crucified as a sacrifice for the sins of the world, to remove God's righteous anger against sinners, and to restore sinners
to fellowship with God.
3. We believe that Christ arose again from death, not only in spirit but also in body, and returned to heaven, where He is
sitting at the Father’s right hand until He shall return to the earth as King and Judge.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit who was sent by the Father and the Son is God, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, and
that He shares the same nature, majesty and glory as the Father and the Son from eternity.
5. We believe that the Bible is composed of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, and that it was given by
the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We believe that this Bible is the Word of God to man, giving the full and complete
revelation of the plan and history of God's way of salvation for us.
6. We believe that eternal life with God in heaven is part of the blessedness which awaits those whose faith in Christ
remains steadfast and true; and that those who remain unrepentant and unbelieving will be banished for ever from the
presence of the Lord, with unending punishment in hell (Matthew 25:46; Psalm 9:7; Revelation 21:7,8).
7. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the forgiveness of all our sins; and in order that those who repent and
believe the Gospel might be regenerated (Born Again), and saved from the power of sin and the practice of sinning
(Romans 3:25; 1John 3:5-10; Ephesians 2:1-10).
8. We believe and teach that a person is justified (counted righteous before God) by faith in Christ alone (Romans 5:1).
9. We believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for the complete cleansing of the believer from all indwelling sin, and that
this cleansing is experienced after we have been born again (1John 1:7-9).
10. We believe that sanctification is a second work of grace to be received by faith, as instantaneous and definite a
experience as is the New Birth; sanctification gives cleansing from indwelling sin, and growth in grace and consecration
to God (John 15:2; Acts 26:18).
11. We believe that the Pentecostal baptism with the Holy Spirit and fire is a provision of divine power for sanctified
believers; it is a definite experience received by faith, and the initial evidence of the experience in speaking with other
tongues as the Spirit gives utterance (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:5; 2:1-4; 8:17;10:44-46; 19:6).
12. We believe that part of the benefit resulting from the death of Christ is divine healing for the body (Isaiah 53:4, 5;
Matthew 8:16, 17; Mark 16:14-18; James 5:14-16 Exodus 15:26).
13. We believe in the pre-millennial Second Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ; that He will come in Person and He may
come at any moment. We love and wait for His, appearing (1Thessalonians 4:15-18; Titus 2:13; 2Petej 3:1-4; Matthew
24:29-44; 2Timothy 4:8)
© Word of Life PH Church Malta 2015
Articles of Faith